Information we collect from you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Identity information such as your first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, nationality, date of birth or gender.
- Contact Information such as your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers, the name of your business, and/or location.
- Financial information such as bank account, mobile payment accounts, payment card details.
- Verification information such as your government issued national identification or passport, KRA PIN certificate, business permits, company incorporation certificates, and/or location.
- Account information relating to the use of the Site including profile data such as your username, password, orders, interests, preferences, survey responses and/or feedback
How we use the Information you give to us
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about products we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our products;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To comply with our legal obligations HOWEVER we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
- To perform a task in the consideration of the greater public interest.
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where the personal data is required for statistical or research purposes
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
How we use the information we collect from you
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products that may interest you or them
Disclosure of your information
We mayshare your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score only where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
We maydisclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy-back any products, solutions or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Hauzisha or substantially all of its business and/or assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hauzisha, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with regulators, other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may process all or part of the data availed to you by us by means of automated processing.
- Where your data is processed in the manner prescribed above, you shall have the right to request that that decision be reconsidered or a new decision be made not based solely on automated processing.
Retention of Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. Your personal data may be retained for a longer period where there has been a complaint or there is a prospect of litigation with respect to your use of the Site.
- If a user contacts us with a general inquiry, the user may need to provide us with personal information (including but not limited to; personal biodata and contact details).
- We will use this personal information to respond to the inquiry and track further correspondence.
- The information will also be used to compile statistics on response handling.
- This information is generalized and no individual names or personal information are retained or used for any other purpose
Our information security policies and procedures follow international standards, and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
We ensure that the data we store is encrypted and our systems are audited periodically. The access to personal data is monitored, recorded and restricted to only those employees who need such access in the course of their work. We shall also integrate necessary safeguards into data processing by default.
Access, rectification & deletion of your personal data
In accordance with the applicable laws of Kenya, you may have the right to:
1. Be informed of the use to which your personal data is being put.
2. Access your personal data.
3. Object to the processing of your personal data.
4. Request restriction of the processing of your personal data.
5. Request for correction of false or misleading personal data.
6. Request the transfer of your personal data.
7. Request erasure of false or misleading personal data. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
8. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
We regularly review and update this Policy in order to reflect changes to our practices, for operational, legal or regulatory reasons, and for any other purpose. Any revisions to this Policy will be uploaded to the Site and such upload will be deemed to be sufficient communication to you. Where you are a registered user, we may elect, at our own discretion, to notify you of any revision through a notice on your account